Fairland BIC Church
In 1779 a small group of believers living along the Susquehanna River who would unite for worship assumed the name Brethren in Christ - but due to their close proximity to the river most knew them as the River Brethren.
Fairland Brethren in Christ Church was one of the earliest churches within the denomination and in the year 1885 they purchased a plot of land where the church still sits today, the purchase price was $317.18. The church structure has undergone three major renovations since its inception, one in 1911 to add a basement the second in the late 1950's to add an enlarged sanctuary, and new children’s department. The third in 2016 to build a multi use worship center, bathrooms, Sunday School classrooms, kitchen and major renovations to the existing structure to meet the needs of the Children and Youth ministries.
In 1893 we were the first church in the immediate area to offer Sunday School and in 1915 a young peoples' society was organized.
Through the years Fairland has served God faithfully in the Cleona, Lebanon and Annville community. We come from a special history of movers and shakers who made serving God and others their priority, and our goal is to continue serving God and others faithfully for as long as we are able.